New Patient Registration

If you live within our practice area you can register at our Practice. We care for the residents of Beckton and patients who live south of the A13 (Newham Way). Please see our boundary map in Practice Area.

To register please attend the practice between the hours of 10.00am – 6pm. Bring with you your proof of address to ensure that you are living within our catchment area, details of your previous GP and your NHS number if you have this. Patients under the age of 16 should also bring details of their Childhood immunisations.

To register you will be asked to provide photo ID passport, driving license.

  • For more information, please contact reception or next time you visit the surgery, bring with you:-
  • photo ID e.g. Driving licence, passport (or birth certificate) and the other must show your name and address this must be a utility bill e.g. gas, electric, water, council tax, bank statement, any government agency letter or landline telephone bill. No more than three months old that will prove you live inside the practice boundary. Tenancy agreements and mobile phone bills are not acceptable.

All new patients over the age of 5 years are required to have a new patient medical carried out by one of our Practice Nurses. This is very helpful in giving us sufficient information about each new patient. Children under the age of 8 weeks will be invited for Child Health Surveillance, please bring their health records book to their first consultation.

The rights of patients are adhered to. Female and male doctors have pre-booked appointments and where possible will be given an appointment with the doctor of your choice. It is the patients responsibility to cancel any unwanted appointments.

Registering in this country for the first time ?

If YES, then as well as proof of residence within the boundaries shown on map we will need the following:

  • confirmation of your Name and Date of Birth e.g. by showing us your driving license or passport.
  • if you wish to received free NHS treatment, you will need to prove that you are "Ordinarily Resident" in the UK (see note below)

Such proof may be in the form of letters from a university or college, a contract of employment or some alternative proof of UK residence.

NOTE: you are deemed to be "Ordinarily Resident" if you have been living in the UK for more than 12 months or are living here for the purposes of work or study with the intention to stay for at least 6 months. All refugees and asylum seekers and those granted Humanitarian protection or discretionary leave to remain in the UK are deemed to be "Ordinarily Resident" and are fully entitled to free access to all NHS prevision.

Guide to GP Services

The Royal College of General Practitioners has produced a useful guide for patients about the services on offer at GP Surgeries and how to access them.  You can download the guide below.

pdf A Patient Guide to GP Services

Call 111 when you need medical help fast but it’s not a 999 emergencyNHS ChoicesThis site is brought to you by My Surgery Website