Social Prescriber

Non-urgent advice: You can self refer to the Social Prescribing Service by clicking the link below to create your referral.

SP Nev

Social Prescriber

Social Prescriber

Hi I'm Nev , Social Prescriber here at The Royal Docks Medical Practice. My job is to help people manage any social or emotional issues that may be affecting their overall health and wellbeing . For example: if you feel lonely or isolated, if you're experiencing debt or housing issues, if you're finding it hard to manage your finances. These are just some of issues people face on a daily basis, that can really have an effect on their physical, mental and emotional health. If you're  referred to me , I will give you the opportunity to talk about what matters to you. Together we will then devise a plan to help you deal with these issues and hopefully move you forward in a positive way .

Introducing our Social Prescribing Service - ‘What is Social Prescribing?’

Our Social Prescriber can help you with any non-medical needs you have, which may include:

  • Benefits and finance
  • Bereavement
  • Covid-19 related-support
  • Employment and volunteering
  • Health and wellbeing
  • Housing related-concerns
  • Loneliness and Isolation
  • Mental health (anxiety, depression, stress)
  • Transportation and mobility


Whether you have short-term or long-term concerns to discuss, our Social Prescriber will be happy to listen, help you in identifying what matters to you and direct you to the right place. Social Prescribing support consists of:

  • Agreeing on a support package that suits you – whether it is one conversation, or a number of consultations over a period of time.
  • Providing information about support and guidance on what services are available
  • Referring to those services if you feel you need support in doing so
  • Introducing you to community groups and social activities
  • Using coaching and goal-setting techniques to help you achieve your chosen outcomes


How can I access the Social Prescribing service?

  • You must be aged 18+
  • Your GP may refer you to have a consultation with our Social Prescriber if they feel you would benefit from their support.
  • You can self-refer by calling Royal Docks Medical Practice. A member of our Reception Team will book you in for an initial telephone consultation with our Social Prescriber.
  • Our Social Prescriber offers telephone and/or face-to-face support.